Does your salsa bring the heat?
Chilimania also holds an annual salsa contest. All registered cooks are welcome to bring their homemade salsa and chips for judging by a select panel of judges and Chilimania attendees.
Bring your own homemade salsa, provide some chips and you will be eligible to win some extra cash! All salsas entered must be homemade.
(Note: All salsa contestants must also be registered to compete in at least one of the chili cookoff categories.)Register for the 2017 Chilimania Cook-Off
Salsa Contest is now features Double-blind judging
Due to popular demand, the Salsa Contest now features double-blind judging — just like our CASI and traditional chili contests!
In the past, salsas were judged by a panel of judges who traveled from booth to booth of entered contestants, sampling the salsas at each stop. Now, contestants must turn in their judging cup full of their salsa to the judging tent by 11 a.m. Details and additional rules will be covered during the required cooks’ meeting at 10 a.m.
The winner will be announced on the Main Stage at 5 p.m.Register for the 2017 Chilimania Cook-Off
Salsa Contest Prizes
- 1st place: $100 + trophy
- 2nd place: Trophy
Salsa Contest Rules
- Each contestant must submit at least one (1) pint of salsa for judging.
- All salsa must be homemade; it may be canned or fresh.
- Safe food handling processes must be followed.
- One entry per registered chili cook.
- Salsa will be judged based on appearance, color, aroma, taste, and aftertaste.
- Although not required, you are encouraged to provide salsa and chips for the public.
Register for the 2017 Chilimania Cook-Off