4th Annual Chili Chase Fun Run/Walk
The 4th annual Chili Chase will be held on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017 in downtown Edgerton, Wisconsin. This year’s race will include both a 5K and 10K route.Register for the 2017 Chili Chase RSVP on Facebook Download a PDF brochure
What’s the Chili Chase?
The Chili Chase is a fun run and walk that serves as the official kickoff for the annual, daylong Chilimania festival in downtown Edgerton, WI. The Chili Chase is a fundraising event, with all proceeds from entry fees donated back to the community via the Chilimania Scholarship & Community Donations Fund.
Runners and walkers of all ages and abilities — and their four-legged friends, who are invited to compete to become the official Chilimania 2017 Mascot — are encouraged to participate.
New for 2017, you can choose between a 5K or 10K route — registration costs are the same. Back by popular demand, the 2017 Chili Chase will again be chip-timed by Tortoise & Hare Timing Co., who also will handle the online registration process.
All competitors (especially pets) are encouraged to dress up in chili-themed costumes to add to the festive atmosphere. There are prizes for the top finishers, and all competitors ages 21+ receive Chilimania’s nearly world-famous “Bloody beers” after they cross the finish line. Plus, participate in fun games and challenges and you could win some Chili Gear!
2017 Chili Chase Entry Fees
- Early registration: Register before Aug. 7 to get a T-shirt size in your size, guaranteed. Cost: $30
- Late registration: After Aug 7, T-shirt size cannot be guaranteed. Cost: $40
- Don’t want a shirt? Opt-out and the shirt’s cost will be donated to Chilimania’s Scholarship & Community Donations Fund!
The Chili Chase 5K and 10K begins in downtown Edgerton continuing through this beautiful community. Runners start and end the race at the same location.
Awards for 5K and 10K races
Age brackets for both races will be as follows:
- 20 and under
- 21 – 30
- 31 – 40
- 41 – 50
- 51 – 60
- 60 and over
The top three men and women winners in each age bracket in the 5K and 10K races will be awarded medals.
- There will be an early packet pickup time from 4-7PM on Friday, Sept. 8 at Sara’s Health and Fitness, 121 N. Henry St. (map).
- Same-day registration and packet pickup will be held from 6:30-7:45AM on Saturday, Sept. 9 at Sarah’s Health & Fitness.
- Judging for Best Costume and Chilimania Mascot will begin around 7:45AM near the race starting line.
- Both the 5K and 10K races begin with a shotgun start at 8AM.
The Edgerton Running Series
The 2017 Chili Chase is one of four events that make up the Edgerton Running Series. For each of the four races in which you participate, your name will be entered into a drawing for a Trek bicycle (a $1,200 value). In other words, if you run in all four events, you’ll have four chances to win this great bike! The grand-prize winner will be drawn on Sept. 16 after the Edgerton Hospital Victory Fun Run/Walk. Winners are not required to be present for the drawing.
What races are part of the Edgerton Running Series?
- Lion’s Club Dash Against Diabetes
Date: May 6
- Rotary Rascal Run
Date: July 15
- Chilimania’s Chili Chase 5K
Date: Sept. 9
- Victory Fun Run/Walk
Date: Sept. 16
Results from the 2016 Chili Chase
Top male finisher: Eric Erspamer (18 minutes, 59 seconds)
Top female finisher: Nora Ferguson (18 minutes, 59 seconds)
Best costume: “The Spice Girls” (picured above)
Official Mascot: Otis (pictured above with her “Mom” KaLynn and “Sister” Hailey Baumann, of Edgerton)