Does your salsa bring the heat?
Chilimania also holds an annual salsa contest. All registered cooks are welcome to bring their homemade salsa and chips for judging by a select panel of judges and Chilimania attendees.
Bring your own homemade salsa, provide some chips and you will be eligible to win some extra cash! All salsas entered must be homemade.
Note: All salsa contestants must also be registered to compete in at least one of the chili cookoff categories.
Salsa Contest Judging
The Salsa Contest features double-blind judging — just like our CASI and traditional chili contests.
Contestants must turn in their judging cup full of their salsa to the judging tent by 11 a.m. Details and additional rules will be covered during the required cooks’ meeting at 10 a.m.
The winner will be announced on the Main Stage at 5 p.m.
Salsa Contest Prizes
- 1st place: $100 + trophy
- 2nd place: Trophy
Salsa Contest Rules
Judging of your homemade salsa will take place under the judging tent. A cash prize is available for the first-place salsa.
- Each contestant must submit one pint (2 cups, 16 oz.) of salsa for judging.
- All salsa must be homemade; it may be canned or fresh.
- Safe food handling processes must be followed.
- One entry per registered chili cook.
- Salsa will be judged based on appearance, color, aroma, taste, and aftertaste.
- Although not required, you are encouraged to provide salsa and chips for public tasting (Noon-1PM).